EPM Add-In: Cannot to delete Rows/Columns after protection activated with options "delete rows" and "delete columns" allowed
started a topic
10 months ago
Cannot delete rows or columns when the worksheet is protected through EPM functionality with options "delete rows" and "delete columns" allowed.
Reproducing the Issue:
- protect a worsheet using EPM protection functionality through EPM options menu
- allow to delete columns
- then try to delete a column
- You will get following message "you are trying to delete a column that contains locked cell. Locked cells cannot be deleted while the worksheet is protected"
This is the normal behavior.
This functionality is working correctly. It is important to know the mechanism behind it:
The EPM protection is calling Excel protection functionalities. And it is not possible to delete a column, a row or a cell if the concerned cells are locked in excel 'format cells' perspective.
By default all cells are locked.
For example :
-create a new report
- select columns A & B and do right click / format cells
- in 'protection' tab uncheck the option 'locked'
- protect your worksheet with EPM protection option with "delete columns" authorized
- try to delete column A or B => you will be able to proceed, but if you try to delete column C you will get following message "you are trying to delete a column that contains locked cell. Locked cells cannot be deleted while the worksheet is protected"
If you want to be able to delete column or rows, make sure you have previously unlocked all the report cells through format cells / protection menu.
Note : Locking cells or hiding formulas has no effect until you protect the worksheet.